Co-palletize Standard Mail sacks & trays, even across multiple jobs.
Easily produce accurate postal documentation for your palletized mail. Create pallet placards and barcoded skid sheets for every pallet you produce and have your pallet counts show up on your postage statements and 8125’s without editing statements. Generate statements and 8125’s by scanning copies of the barcoded skid sheets that you pull when you stage your pallets for shipping.
Whether you already use your presort program’s palletization option and just need to create ‘courtesy pallets’ for remaining loose sacks and trays or whether you don’t use any other palletization program and need to place all of your sacks and trays onto USPS sorted pallets, DAT-MAIL™’s new Palletization Module is just what you need.
The barcoded placards and skid sheets can be used by your finished goods inventory system, and DAT-MAIL™ palletization reports provide valuable information, such as pallet contents to your shop floor. Even better, you can even perform 3 out of the 4 new palletization options automatically, without adding any new steps to your operating procedures. Improve your process control by making sure that every sack or tray you ship is electronically assigned to a pallet! Click here for technical details.
Why Use DAT-MAIL™’s Palletization Module?
- Ensure that all of your mail is electronically represented on pallets in Mail.dat®, thereby facilitating transportation of this mail
- Print barcoded pallet placards and skid sheets for every pallet, using the module's 'USPS Sorted Pallet’ option
- Generate statements with correct pallet counts based on the pallet data in your Mail.dat files, thereby eliminating the need to edit statements to add this data
- Utilize the module’s Pallet Reports to provide concise instructions to your shop floor for producing the pallets
- Export the information about each pallet for use in your finished goods inventory system
Automate palletization today:
The Palletization Module creates 'mother pallets' - pallets that hold sacks or trays. It does not duplicate the work of your presort program, which palletizes flats or bundles of flats directly onto pallets. Instead, use Window Book’s Palletization Module to:
- Palletize mail that is not already on pallets
- Re-palletize an entire job using the module's 'USPS Sorted Pallet' option
- Palletize each segment, consisting of a separate production run or presort, individually
- Palletize across all segments, which is usually done for co-palletization
The DAT-MAIL™ Palletization utility was designed to supplement your presort program's palletization functionality by creating 'courtesy pallets’ for all loose trays and sacks that are left over after your presort program’s palletization program is done. It can also be used to create USPS sorted pallets for non-palletized Mail.dat files that come from outside vendors. Another important use for this utility is co-palletizing multiple jobs or versions together, which reduces the number of total pallets you create and maximizes the cost-effectiveness of drop shipping.