The USPS "Mobile Commerce and Personalization Promotion" is on. Are you
If you are one of the mailers
who planned ahead and already registered for this summer's
and Personalization Promotion
, Congratulations! We are sure
you will enjoy the extra 2% savings!
If you are not registered yet, what are you waiting for??
It's not too late to become an eDoc submitter in time to take advantage of the
Commerce promotion being offered this Summer (July 1
– August 31, 2012). And if you're concerned about having a difficult time getting
through the Test Environment for Mailers
(TEM), stop worrying.
Whether you're trying to get approved just to simply submit electronic documentation
(eDoc) to PostalOne!, or you're trying to get approved as an Intelligent Mail®
Full-Service mailer, Window Book's
Mail On-Ramp Service (IMORS)
can help you make a smooth transition:
- Register online for your PostalOne! account
- Acquire your Customer Registration ID (CRID) & Mailer ID (MID)
- Install your User ID and password
Test uploading files using the 'Test Environment for Mailers' (TEM)
- Train you to process Mail.dat® and non-Mail.dat data files for acceptance
- Training on managing your data when you are no longer printing the paper
On-Ramp Service (IMORS)
Get IMORS and get approved for eDoc fast
to save postage this Summer.
Call 800-524-0380 or email
and sign up for IMORS today!
For more details on the USPS mobile commerce promotion, read the
Postal Concierge eTip from May 4th or consult the USPS
Promotion area on RIBBS.
Mailers: Use eDoc and IMb to Maintain Your Automation Discounts
- January 28, 2013: POSTNET will sunset and you will need to print
Intelligent Mail barcodes (IMb) on letters and flats to claim automation
- January 2014: Intelligent Mail Full-Service required in order to get
eDoc and Intelligent Mail options are the ways the
USPS will require you to process
mail to get any automation
discounts. If you are currently
not using eDoc or Intelligent Mail options, we strongly urge you to begin your
implementation plan as soon as possible. Transitioning now to IMb will ensure
your automation discounts,
and it will also set the foundation for participating in IM Full-Service. eDoc
is not just about migrating from hard copies to electronic files; it's about
sustaining your business by retaining your postage discounts. Changing business
practices can seem daunting and troublesome, but the fact is if you don’t use
eDoc or IM Full-Service, your cost of mailing is going to sky rocket, and you
simply will not be able to continue to stay in the mailing business. Contact
Window Book as soon as possible to begin your migration to eDoc and Full-Service
to secure your automation
discounts - and your business - well into the future.
Request Your Custom Consultation for implementing eDoc and IM Full-Service
eDocs Monitor for USPS Mailers
only system that automates and manages your eDocs
If you are one of the many mailers
already using eDoc and the PostalOne! system to upload your Mail.dat® files,
Window Book's "eDocs Monitor
can automate the monitoring of your PostalOne! upload and receipt files - and
will make your job easier by efficiently processing your PostalOne! transmissions.
Whether you process just a few files a day - or hundreds of files a day - make
2012 a great year by scheduling a customized presentation of "eDocs Monitor,"
and see how it will help you!
Let "eDocs Monitor
" do all the uploading and monitoring for
you automatically. This tool interfaces with the PostalOne! MDR Client system
in "batch mode" and monitors the log files and status receipts and organizes
all of this data by Job for you:
- No need to constantly log on to the PostalOne! system to view your eDoc
- Don't be a slave to PostalOne! upload and monitoring process
- Free to focus on other tasks while it performs all of the monitoring
- Eliminates the labor-intensive work involved with using the USPS MDR
- Easily view what files are going up to PostalOne! and what receipts
are coming back
- Track validation and acceptance of your jobs from multiple work stations
- Get feedback from PostalOne! in a clear, concise and automated manner
- Easily export data to Excel, Word and CSV file
New Requirements for International Shipping: USPS GSS
Did you know that at the end of March, 2012, the USPS
Part D (Priority Mail International) in the PS Form 3700? This means now you
have to use Part E, Global Shipping Software (GSS
which requires you to submit data electronically in order to process international
Window Book's "Postal Package Partner," Shipping and Manifesting software interfaces
with USPS GSS
and electronic documentation for
you can easily process your international
mailings by using Postal Package Partner software.
can help you streamline your shipping
- Speeds up customs clearance with electronic prenotification
- Meets U.S. Customs requirements by sending electronic notification of
- Utilizes mailer data transfers to eliminate redundant data entry
- Produces all labels and forms required by USPS
- Track & Confirm to stay in touch with your global shipping
- Provides an individual identification number used for Track & Confirm
- Allows customers to download package processing data, including tracking
numbers and postage charged.
a Live Demo on PPP & GSS
Request your live demo on how Postal Package Partner can help you process
GSS. We can help you process International mailings
without a glitch!
The following is another excerpt from Window Book's latest educational white
paper: eDoc & PostalOne!:
Why the USPS is Pushing for
eDoc & PostalOne!: They're What's Best for You and the USPS"
To educate mailers
and the postal industry as a whole about
electronic documentation (eDoc) and why the Postal Service is beginning to push
it harder than ever, Window Book has published an informative white paper titled,
"eDoc & PostalOne!:
They're What's Best for You and the USPS."
In this 21-page paper
will learn why it is critical to begin using eDoc in their
operations in order to: get the best postal rates now, prepare for the future
with the USPS, stay competitive in the mailing industry now, be eligible for
special incentive programs that are coming out, and best manage the data about
If you need help generating and/or submitting eDoc
!, please call 800-524-0380 or email
We can help you with all the nuts and bolts involved with getting started with
Download your White
today to learn all about
- Why the Postal Service is really pushing for eDoc
- (And what it means for your and their future...)
What PostalOne! is and how using it benefits you (Aren't you tired
of all that paper?)
- The 3 ways to participate in eDoc using the PostalOne! System
(And which one is right for you...)
- Why you should begin implementing eDoc right now (You could be leaving
money on the table if you don't!)
- What steps you need to take, and in which order, to get going with electronic
documentation and PostalOne!
- And much, much more!
Additional Information About PostalOne!
PostalOne! critical issues on USPS RIBBS
The USPS posts the current listing of PostalOne
! critical issues
on the RIBBS website
. If you use PostalOne
to process mailings, this issue list can be very beneficial. Also, of great
benefit are the
PostalOne! Release Notes
, which include information about previous and upcoming
releases to the PostalOne
DAT-MAIL Prep™ - Save tons of processing time with your Mail.dat files
you use Mail.dat
files to communicate
mailing information electronically with the United States Postal Service® (USPS®)
and your partners? Then, you must know how critical it is to be able to configure
data - view, validate,
edit, split, merge, convert - quickly and efficiently to meet production and
If you don't have the right tools, it can be very time consuming to import and
validate your Mail.dat
sometimes you even have to re-start your import every time you encounter a validation
error - and it can take a very long time to process these files.
Window Book's new product, DAT-MAIL
Prep, is the perfect solution for
anyone who has to work with Mail.dat
and is a stand-alone product that mailers
use to do the initial 'bulk' processing before they actually import Mail.dat
files into their post-presort software.
DAT-MAIL Prep has 3 versions - Viewer, Editor and Ultra - so it can easily meet
your specific needs:
Click here to request a demo of DAT-MAIL Prep.
- DAT-MAIL Prep Viewer: view your Mail.dat and CSA files
- DAT-MAIL Prep Editor: update, edit, validate and convert Mail.dat files
(perfect for comminglers!)
- DAT-MAIL Prep Ultra: include all the functionalities above AND Mail.dat
Splitter and Merger features.
or call 800-524-0380 for more information.
Mailers Save Money Every Week with Free Postal Concierge e-Tips
Money-saving postal knowledge delivered directly to your inbox.
Window Book helps those in the mailing industry conveniently keep up with important
Postal information and insights by offering complimentary weekly Postal
2009 the e-Tips
list has grown to over 14,500 mailers
, mail service providers and
personnel - with many
saving money on resources,
materials and postage by taking advantage of the information presented in the
. Postal Concierge
include information on new and proposed
regulations, notices about
data files (i.e., Labeling Lists) change and links
to a whole host of other free educational resources.
to view some of our recent e-tips and
receive important industry news!
Complimentary Educational Resources
Did you know that Window Book offers various complimentary educational services?
To educate mailers
and the Postal industry as a whole about the critical
changes happening with the United States Postal Service®, Window Book offers
a wealth of free services. Check them out:
weekly PC e-Tips
online Postal weekly
articles of interest
, Postal affairs
October 7-10, 2012
Subscribe to Window Book Newsletters:
a FREE subscription to the Window