PostalOne! Enhancements for June 2012
The United States Postal Service® (USPS®) plans to make some significant changes
effective June 24, 2012, including new postage statements. The postage statement changes are product and service related and are NOT reflecting any price increases. Another big change at this time will be PostalOne!
support of Mail.dat® version 12-2.
What are the changes for Mailers?
Some of the major changes
planned for the June 2012 release of PostalOne!
- Implementation of the 2012 Mobile Commerce Barcode and Personalization incentives
- Implementation of Labeling List identification for presort preparation in the Mail.dat® file (the effective dates and the publication dates of the Labeling Lists, City-State files, Mail Direction files, and Zone Matrices used during the presort process)
- Updates to Periodicals PS 3541 statements (flats and parcels will have separate sections)
- Implementation of “Bypass Seamless Acceptance” indicator in the Mail.dat file (to identify mailings that do not meet the criteria for Seamless Acceptance)
- Updates to certain Mail.dat file records, such as the CCR file (to identify content, fees, or incentives), the CSM file, the MPA file, and the MPU file
Effective Dates for Mailings
Effective June 10, 2012, mailers will be able to access the new postage statement features for mailings
that have mail dates
of June 24, 2012 or after. At this point, mailers
will be able to submit Mail.dat files to PostalOne! in Mail.dat versions 11-2 or 12-1 for mailings
with mail dates before June 24, 2012. Version 12-2 Mail.dat files will only be accepted for mailings
with mail dates
of June 24, 2012 or after. Then, effective on June 24, 2012, mailers
may submit files in versions 12-1 or 12-2, with version 11-2 files only being accepted for updates to mailings
previously submitted with version 11-2 files.
should work with their presort and post-presort software vendors to insure that any mailing software applications will be ready to support the new Mail.dat version 12-2 and other changes that will be implemented on June 24, 2012. Mailers
should also plan to download and install the updated USPS MDR Client software from the Business Customer Gateway
when it becomes available, which should be some time on June 24, 2012. The USPS usually announces the availability of this software update using its DMM Advisory
Don’t miss out on our educational mailing webinars! Log on to our webinar registration
site to sign up.
Mail.dat is a registered trademark of the International Digital Enterprise Alliance (IDEAlliance).