USPS 8125 Checklist for Mailers
In an effort to ensure consistent adherence to existing policies and procedures at its business mailer acceptance docks, plants and Post Offices, the USPS recently published an 8125 Checklist for mailers.
To ensure PS Form 8125 is complete and accurate
- Work with your software vendors to establish the right parameters, so that the mailings created match the documentation presented.
- 8125 is completely filled out, including
- Drop Ship Appointment Number
- Mailer Name
- FAST Scheduler ID
- Mailer Contact Name
- Mailer Contact Telephone
- Origin Plan Location:
- Required mailer fields include
- Class of Mail
- Type of Mail Processing Category
- Number of Containers, etc.
- Number of Pallets
- Entry Discounts Claimed
- Comments - DMM Labeling List Info
- Entry Office in the Destination Entry Post Office section
- If changes need to be made, have procedures in place to identify errors and generate a new 8125. The only alteration acceptable at destinations is the Mailer Contact Information and Drop Ship Appointment Number.
- Prepare containers so that they are correctly placarded.
- The mailing corresponds to the information on the 8125.
- Accurately load and unload trailers, especially when there are multiple drop points.
- Accurately load trailers by destination (in the order of appointments)
- Establish accurate appointments in the FAST system
- Include the FAST appointment number on the 8125.
- Drop off the mail at the correct facility, per the 8125.