New Page 1
USPS to Launch New Web Site
(simpler navigation based on how you ship and mail)
Effective July 25, 2011, the USPS will be launching a new and improved web site. The new site is designed for users to find what they need more quickly and easily. The site will feature task-based navigation, “Quick Tools” section, and a number of new or redesigned applications. The web site address will remain www.usps.com, but the site will have a more modern, updated feel and will have easier and more consistent navigation.
What is Different?
Much of the functionality on the site will remain, it will just be quicker and easier to navigate. For example, current users will not need to re-apply for an account, but they will find getting to their frequently used applications much quicker. For new users, the account application will be made a one-page process rather than the current three-page process.
- New, simpler navigation based on how you ship and mail.
- Quicker access to tools used most, available on every page.
- Streamlined account setup that reduces customer registration to a single page.
- Improved applications — including an enhanced Track & Confirm tool, which allows tracking capability of up to 10 tracking numbers at one time.
The USPS will also be offering a new web site, specifically designed for information about the USPS. With the launch of the new website, all corporate information will be accessible from a separate website: about.USPS.com. The about.USPS.com website will contain information such as structure, history, news, policies, and procedures. This will be where users can:
- Find information on the USPS organization and what they’re doing.
- Get recent press releases.
- Find publications and forms.
- Read official postal documents and reports (e.g., annual reports, strategic plans, and green initiatives).
- View job announcements.
Redesigned and New Applications
Some of the most frequently used applications will get a make-over, and there will also be some new applications available for users.
- Track and Confirm-enter up to 10 tracking numbers at one time.
- USPS Locations-improved mapping and location information.
- ZIP Code Look-Up-new look and feel.
- Carrier Pickup-streamlined process.
- Account Setup-now only 1 page vs. 3 pages.
There will also be access to some of the most frequently used applications using Quick Tools, which will be accessible from any page on the web site. Included in Quick Tools are Track and Confirm, Find USPS Locations, Calculate a Price, and Look Up A Zip Code.
For more details, consult the July 14, 2011 Postal Bulletin.
Don’t miss out on our educational mailing webinars!
Log on to our webinar registration site to sign up.